- CAD Software: SolidWorks
The Adobe Creative Suite, including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience: Experience in the use and full understanding of SolidWorks / CAD, including photorealistic rendering.
Full and experienced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Salary: £25000 - £35000
- Location: Midlands, Leicestershire, Kirkby Mallory
The purpose of this role is to head and manage a very busy Project Management team to deliver design and drawings, client imagery and marketing media for a rapidly expanding and developing a range of products and systems within mainly the retail design business, but also in related industries.
You will head a team that will be using SolidWorks for this design work, and you will also be expected to get hands on with the CAD work when needed.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- To design and verify technical designs
- To prepare drawings in SolidWorks / CAD ready for manufacture.
- To Produce detailed photorealistic renders.
- Creation of working instructions for clients and fitters.
- Creation and updating of brochures and marketing media.
- To support the design and development of Prototypes.
- To co ordinate the activities of drawing and drawing control.
- To specify components for the purpose of procurement.
- To liaise with senior members of the client development teams and there departments.
- To ensure that the products developed are to achieve compliance with the design objectives.
- Resolving manufacturing issues in the early stages of the product design and development.
- Willing to work additional hours as and when required and occasionally work off site.
- Assist with Project management as and when required.
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- To be able to work in a very passionate environment that focuses on the customer and the result.
- Good eye for detail and knowledge of manufacturing processes to ensure accurate drawings (preferred).
- A keen knowledge of the manufacturing materials such as wood, acrylics and metal in terms of stresses and limitations etc.
- Experience in the use and full understanding of SolidWorks / CAD, including photorealistic rendering.
- Relative and proven experience of developing products within the POS Industry.
- Full and experienced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to generate schemes and designs within very tight timescales.
- Presentation of the Technical information back to the senior management team.
- Interpersonal skills particularly being able to demonstrate effective communication with Clients and their representatives up to board level.
- Self motivator, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to adapt style to different individuals and environments.
- Ability to develop designs within a constantly moving market place.
- Driving Licence (UK) and own transport.