An exciting opportunity for an experienced full-time CAD Technician to join a successful and established company in Bedford. You will have a proven and demonstrable track record as well as be highly organised and keen to learn.
Purpose of Position
Under direction, perform a broad variety of drafting duties utilising 2D Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CAD) software in support of the company’s business activities.
Employees are responsible for executing drafting functions and are expected to exercise judgement and initiative in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for producing drawings of new stage and bespoke structure designs, proposals and production drawings.
- Liaise with, as necessary, project managers to ensure all specifications meet the required standards.
- Control and issue of all drawings and technical information.
- Follow projects from initial design stages through to its completion
- Production of detailed fabrication drawings to allow the construction of bespoke products.
- Have an understanding of manufacturing techniques and installation procedures.
- Maintain safe systems of work and adhere to Company’s Health and Safety Policy Education & Qualifications Essential 3 GCSE’s preferably including mathematics.
HND/HNC level or Apprentice trained in an Engineering/Mechanical discipline.
- Experience in the production of construction drawings using 2D AutoCAD software.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Construction drawings.
- Good understanding of structural systems and construction details.
- Computer literate e.g. MS Office Desirable
- Experience of the entertainment or scaffolding industry.
- Experience of scheduling bills of materials
Due to our clients location your own transport will be required.