A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our clients Brandesburton office for an Architectural Technician. The purpose of this role is to provide a high quality drawing and design solution to meet the requirements of external customers and the business. You will be required to provide technical assistance both internally and to external customers.
Our client supplies high-quality steel-framed modular buildings complying with all permanent building regulations.
Our client offers the UK’s largest stock of pre-owned modular buildings, ranging from single self-contained cabins in a range of sizes to versatile modular building systems that enable you to create buildings of any size, up to three storeys, or any configuration and for any number of people.
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Produce project building layout plans, colored elevations, point loadings, section through/construction details/schedules and 3D models using Auto CAD.
- Assist and support commercial sales functions by providing enquiry/production drawings to their requirements which will assist in the sale of units/modules.
- Ensure that all proposed designs for building projects comply with Building Regulations, Fire Precautions, Statutory Requirements and relevant legislation and technical requirements.
- Prepare accurate company proposal documents to reflect the required building specification to aid in the sale of buildings.
- Prepare and maintain project files and costing information.
- Inspect stock and assess the work necessary to refurbish a modular building.
- Support the sales team at client and supplier meetings as and when required.
- Provide technical/design support to customers and suppliers.
You will have excellent planning and organising skills with strong customer focus.
The following skills and experience are essential for this position:
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Knowledge of modular building manufacture
Desired but not essential:
- Practical experience within a supervision role of a Technical/Drawing Office environment.
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s Grades A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent
In return for your commitment, skills and expertise, you will enjoy a rewarding career with a well-established employer that prides itself on looking after its people.
Excellent working conditions including a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits and high-quality learning and development opportunities.
Working hours are 37.75 hours per week comprising 0830 hours to 1700 hours Monday to Thursday and 0830 hours to 1600 hours on Friday, with 45 minutes for lunch each day.