• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• At least 2 years’ experience in an arboricultural / horticultural / landscape technician role
• Arboricultural or landscape qualifications useful but not essential
- Salary: £22000 - £25000
- Location: Midlands, Leamington Spa
My client has been established since 2010, and offers consultancy and implementation services for tree and woodland projects throughout the UK.
They currently have 4 full-time staff as well as self employed sub-contractors. As a small and close knit company their key skills are management of trees in historic landscapes, hazard tree assessment and woodland management on large estates, managing trees in development sites, and golf course tree management. They provide specialist advice, draw up work recommendations, project manage, and also deliver work proposals using their team of sub-contractors.
For this role you will be responsible for supporting the arboricultural team in the production of surveys and reports. The scope of the role will cover the production of drawings in various software packages; report co-ordination and formatting; assistance with planting designs and onsite project management.
You will be reporting to the Senior Arboriculturalist, and work alongside other team members. The role has developed out of business growth, and the consequent need for full-time support to the arboricultural consultancy team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation of arboricultural and landscape drawings in AutoCAD, Adobe, and Illustrator; e,g, development-related tree plans, landscape masterplans, historic landscape restoration plans
- Report co-ordination, formatting, and checking
- Assistance with planting designs and production of planting bills of quantities
- Assistance with project management of planting projects onsite
- Keeping electronic and hard copy filing of jobs up to date
- Competent in use of AutoCAD, Adobe, Illustrator
- A good working knowledge of trees, landscape design and/or horticulture
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, working with other team members
- Self-motivated, thorough, and hard working
- Experience of planting design work
- Use of GIS mapping systems
37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5pm with half hour break. Working hours have some flexibility by agreement