• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience creating technical drawings using AutoCAD
- Salary: £17000 - £25000
- Location: South West, Bristol
CADagency is delighted to be working alongside a well established, family run cladding and rainscreen design and installation company. Due to continued growth and high demand, the company is currently looking to recruit a Trainee CAD Designer. For this role, you will assist the Design department with administration tasks helping the team function run more smoothly. You will be using AutoCAD, to produce basic 2D drawings with guidance as well as acting as a sense check, checking other drawings for accuracy. After training and with guidance, you’ll work towards working on your own projects and producing 3D design within Revit.
On a daily basis, you will be you will be creating 2D drawing designs as well as calculating quantities of materials for checking and producing itemised lists for procurement. You will obtain product data sheets and technical information for inclusion into a one document library of information for the main contractor. Once checked, issue to the main contractor.
Other tasks will include
- Portal Management – Have responsibility for the uploading and downloading of information as necessary from the client’s portal and our own internal document management system (BIM360).
- Submittal of Requests for Information – Responsibility (with guidance) for raising requests for information and recording information.
- Issue Calculations – Uploading calculations that are issued by engineers onto the system.
- Issue of Samples – Take photo’s of samples and uploading to the portal for formal approval.
- Research and Development Collation – Logging all research and development onto our project management system (Monday.com)
- Quality Assurance Process – Check others material schedules and drawing output against a list of requirements.
- BIM Development – Be instrumental in the introduction of BIM compliant workflows, templates and processes within MCS to help in obtaining BRE accreditation with guidance from our in house BIM Manager.