• Structural Engineering
• Working knowledge of Tekla Structures
• Understanding of steel fabrication & installation
• Ability to read and interpret Structural Engineer & Architect drawings
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Farnborough
CADagency are delighted to be working with a structural engineering firm based in Farnborough, Surrey. The company specialise in Structural Steelwork and Architectural Metalwork detailing for the Construction Industry and have been established for over 10 years. Due to increasing contracts they are recruiting a Tekla Detailer to join the expanding business.
The company undertakes small to medium sized contracts within the UK. Its range of projects is diverse and includes development contracts for school, colleges, hospitals etc, as well as commercial and residential.
You will be expected to work independently on projects but will have the support of the other members of the team. The projects will include staircases, balustrades and balconies and further training will be provided. There will also be the requirement for occasional site visits so a full UK drivers licence would be highly beneficial, there is on-site parking at the offices.
- Tekla Structural Experience (1-2 year minimum)
- Working knowledge of BIM and ability to extract and import models and files into Tekla Structures.
- Understanding of steel fabrication & installation
- Ability to read and interpret Structural Engineer & Architect drawings
- Able to work under pressure to meet required timescales
- Ability to work efficiently and independently using their own initiative
- Good communication skills and being able to liaise with subcontractors
- Build and maintain good relations with all clients and suppliers and their project team personnel
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings.
- Good working experience with office software such as Microsoft Office.
- 3D modelling and detailing.
- Creation of drawing issue sheets & RFI registers
- Carrying-out site surveys
- Liaise with the contracts department and workshop foreman
- Attend internal production meetings and external design meetings
08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week