Our client is model-based software for customers in construction, infrastructure and energy industries worldwide. They are currently looking to take on a permanent technical support consultant. You will need to have industry experience with concrete and great communication skills. This position will require frequent UK travelling and an solid understanding of 2D CAD is a requirement.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing day to day technical support for customers in our Cast in Situ and Precast Concrete segments mainly within the UK & Ireland but also further afield as required.
- Develop and provide training and other learning material for customers and for internal staff training purposes utilizing your knowledge of the industry.
- Localisation of the software to support industry standards and customer needs.
- Work closely with HQ and UK concrete segment teams.
- Provide technical support for our other customer segments (steel fabrication and engineering).
Description of the work, targets and required results
- Expert technical support for our concrete segments introducing a pro-active and innovative approach to support.
- Provide first class training materials and utilize that in training classes. Ensure UK staff are educated for all aspects of RC detailing and processes.
- Localise the software product to provide our customers with the tools they need and providing a competitive advantage taking into account industry standards and requirements.
- Structural engineering degree or qualification or relevant qualitative experience in the precast or in-situ concrete sector.
- BIM knowledge and business development skills in a software environment are an advantage.
- 3 years experience of RC detailing in a consulting engineer or concrete contractor environment.
- Knowledge of construction site processes is a benefit.
- Frequent travel domestically
- Occasional international travel
- Problem solving and proactive approach to your role and development of the role.
- Experience of process development in the construction industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a flat hierarchy and networked international company environment.