CADagency is delighted to be working with a leading modular building business. The company has been established for almost ten years and currently employs almost 100 members for staff. Offering a full design and installation service they have become the installer of choice for Portakabin and several other large businesses.
There is currently a requirement for a Technical CAD Designer to join their existing Design Team. You will be responsible for assisting the Project Design Manager in delivering projects in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, programme and contract proposals. This will include developing and/or creating a Revit Model in line with the client’s project architect. Creating AutoCAD details for both the project and for construction. Working with external design consultants towards their deliverables. You will also be required to produce details for Procurement, Production and Site operations
- Liaise with project design manager to create project design models and drawings in line with client and architect specifications
- Rectify design issues with architects prior to work commencing and during the construction programme
- Be involved with project specific design issues, proposing practicable and buildable solutions
- Attend internal project meetings including additional meetings specific to Procurement, Factory & Site
- Liaise closely with factory and site based project teams
- Work to compliance checks against specification and client requirements within the project
- Work to design output and agreed programmes to ensure the flow of work is maintained
Skills and experience
- Qualified to OND/ONC level, ideally structural, civil or architectural background or engineering/construction discipline
- Proficient in AutoCAD detailing, Revit Modelling and a good understanding of MS Office/Outlook
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Construction experience, Offsite preferred
- Excellent Communication skills
Excellent training and development opportunities
Our client does not discriminate against its employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender identity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, pregnancy, disability or age.
Our client encourage diversity amongst their workforce. Their aim is that employees will be truly representative of all sections of society and each person feels respected and able to give their best.
Their policies set out their approach to equal opportunities and the avoidance of discrimination at work