• AutoCAD 2D
• Architectural Technician
• Manufacture of Joinery, Metalwork or Sheet metal fabrication
- Salary: £35000 - £45000
- Location: London (inside M25), Wimbledon
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist design and manufacturing company offering bespoke spiral staircases. Their products are created from timber, stainless steel and glass.
The company is now in the process of designing a modular range of the ‘bespoke’ products which can be bought off the shelf and fitted by the customer’s own contractor.
There is now a requirement for a Technical CAD Designer to join the existing team to lead the development of the Modular product range.
- Design detailing of all components
- Dealing with suppliers: identifying potential new suppliers and dealing with existing ones
- Collating costings and building full cost build ups for each of the products
- Providing designs for customer sign off
- Dealing with customer queries and technical queries
- Procurement once orders are received:
- Placing orders for the modular products with suppliers
- Organising logistics
- Once the modular range is fully established, other development projects will be given to the role and the role will evolve as the business demands.
For this role you will ideally have experience in the following:
- Architectural Technician / Designer with a background in joinery or bespoke shopfitting
- Experience required in the detail manufacture of:
- Joinery / cabinetry
- Metalwork/ engineering components
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Experience required in dealing with suppliers and project costing
- Can manage workload, deadlines and timescales without supervision
- Able to produce production drawings for manufacture
- Competent in design using AutoCAD
- Competent in using Microsoft Excel for producing costing
- Competent in Microsoft Project or similar
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is an asset but not essential