Our client is a company specialising in the design, fabrication and installation of steel glazing systems and steel curtain walling, including fire rated steel windows, doors and curtain walling.
The systems that they manufacture can achieve various BS and EN standards for
- Fire ratings E30 to E120 and EI30 to EI120
- Security ratings
They design, manufacture and install any of the following fire rated and non-fire rated steel glazing combinations
- Single action rebated doorsets for both single and double leaf doors
- Double action non-rebated doorsets
- Automatic sliding doorsets
- Automatic and assisted opening swing doors
- Fully framed glazed screens
- Butt jointed glazed screens
- Glass floors
They have an existing office based in Luton with a small team and are looking to take on a CAD Technician ideally with experience in the steel glazing systems and steel curtain walling. You will be reporting to the Design Director and working independently frequently and liaising with the sales team and contracts manager.
For this role you will be mainly designing technical solutions for public sector buildings, schools and residential projects.
To be considered for this role you will have
- Previous work experience in steel glazing systems or steel curtain walling
- Understanding of UK regs
There will also be a requirement to drive to site visits so a drivers licence is required. The working hours are 8:30 – 17:00 and the occasional requirement to work overtime. You will also have on site parking.