CADagency is delighted to be working with a software company located in Warrington. The company was established over 15 years ago and now has a workforce of over 40 members of staff ranging from Software Developers, Sales to Designers and Engineers. The company works with software re-sellers and end users all over the world.
There is a current requirement for a SolidWorks Software Design Engineer. For this role you will be using the software extensively and writing, testing and developing scripts to integrate with other software packages. Your role will see you creating and updating automation tasks to to speed up automation on large existing projects. You will be working closely with the Technical Team and reporting directly to the Technical Manager.
You will be working closely with the Development Team with creating the new software features for the next version of the software due to be released April 2020. This is a permanent full time role with the ability for an immediate start.
Your experience will ideally lie in Design Engineering although you will be expected to have an interest in and some experience with coding and VB Development.
You will be working with MS Visual Studio and Visual Basic broad knowledge of programming languages would be highly beneficial. You are not required to have an in depth knowledge of coding as you will only be assisting the Development teams but an overview of the languages and an interest in assisting engineers and developers is essential.
- You will report directly to the Technical Manager
- You will be working closely with the Development Team on new software features
- You will be instrumental in the next software update due for release in April 2020 and future versions too
- Must be able to handle ‘curve balls’ and use initiative
- You will get to use and test the very latest versions of our Design Automation software
- You will become a key player in the dynamic company
For this role you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Design Engineer as well as 1 years’ experience with different programming languages. You will need to demonstrate you are a customer and people focused manager who can multi-task.
Attributes: Trouble shooter, Pro-active, Organised, Likes to Work Smart, Great Communicator & Relationship Builder
More about the company
You will be joining a team of enthusiastic developers, creatives, marketers, tech geeks, and engineers at the forefront of digital transformation. They provide an online platform that is bringing a whole new level of visualisation for digital manufacturing and digital selling to companies around the world.
You will be working out of a 250-year-old “teched up” barn and outbuildings conveniently located to the South of Manchester close to the intersection of the M6, M56, and M62. They are actively involved in supporting technology and innovation throughout the region.
Investing in their employees is part of their DNA and they have proved their commitment to developing high performance teams and managers through their Investors in People Silver Award.
- Personal Development & Training Plan
- Flexible Holidays – 31 days including all public holidays
- Pension Scheme – auto enrolment scheme with Royal London
- Private Medical Insurance – after 12 months permanent service, with AVIVA
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Informal Team Events & Social Activities
- Great Environment
- Showers on Site
- Lots of FREE easy Parking
- Open Plan Offices
- Latest Equipment
- 3D Printers
- Rec Room, with Vive, Pool Table and Xbox
- Fresh Fruit Delivered
- Amazing COFFEE Machine
- Fun & Fast Paced