• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience designing in the sheet metal sector
• Experience SolidWorks Weldments or other sheet metal design software
- Salary: £30000 - £40000
- Location: North West, Manchester
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist architectural sheet metal fabrication company based in Eccles, Manchester. The company has been established for over 40 years and due to current workload, are looking to take on an additional SolidWorks Designer to join their existing design team.
For this role, you must have previous working experience in a sheet metal metal fabrication design role. Any experience in the Architectural Cladding or Signage sector would be highly beneficial.
On a daily basis you will be undertaking the following tasks
- Undertake all aspects of creating sheet metal part drawings from Customer enquiries
- Generating sheet metal developments/flat patterns from customer drawings and converting them into CNC programs for manufacture.
- Nesting and optimising parts into stock sheet
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Able to prepare material take-offs and manufacturing schedules from engineering drawings.
- Experience working within the architectural sheetmetal / fabrication industry is required
- Good technical understanding of sheetmetal flat pattern and engineering drawings
- Working knowledge and industry experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks in an architectural sheet metal fabrication environment is essential.
- Knowledge of Radan sheet metal is desirable, although training may be provided to the suitable candidate.
Official SolidWorks training including essentials and sheet metal is required and you will be asked to provide evidence of training prior to interview.
5 days, 40 hours per week
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm