• AutoCAD 2D
• AutoCAD/Solidworks portfolio of previous work
• Production/manufacturing processes
- Salary: £24000 - £26000 /negotiable
- Location: Midlands, Leamington Spa
Established for over 60 years our client has been working in partnership with the world’s best architects and lighting designers to provide unique interior and exterior lighting solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Lighting Design Technician to join our clients busy office in Leamington Spa office reporting to the Managing Director. You will be also offering technical support to the companies Berlin offices.
For this role you will be confident, innovative and enthusiastic SolidWorks Designer. You will have an excellent technical ability, an eye for detail and a desire to learn. You will be desiging 2D and 3D AutoCAD/SolidWorks drawings to create technical drawings as well as 3D Models. Training in the Relux lighting calculations software and Lighting Industry Association certification will be provided as necessary.
You will be expected to provide lighting scheme designs, AutoCAD/SolidWorks layouts and take-offs, basic component design, project/product support and technical risk assessment.
- Work with multi-disciplinary international project teams (sales, production, quotations, technical and finance) to develop internal and external lighting schemes to client specifications
- Interpret CAD drawings and layers, with the ability to populate layout drawings, for client submission and approval
- Build CAD schemes from a library of modular components using AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Develop bespoke component drawings in AutoCAD/SolidWorks for local manufacture
- Liaise with third parties for provision of consultancy for stress modelling, blast modelling, photometric and EMC testing requirements on special projects
- Develop and interpret lighting calculations using Relux (training provided as required)
- Draft project/product technical specification sheets
- Develop technical Powerpoint briefings and presentations
- Effectively manage, risk assess and prioritise technical workload and customer expectations
- Ensure technical support matches the administrative commitments of the SXUK ISO9001 accreditation for design management (ie: document naming and control)
- Continuously assess and improve the function so as to contribute to overall business effectiveness
Experience in electrical engineering, design, lighting or architectural disciplines is an advantage but not essential. You will be expected to occasionally travel to do site visits and client consultations as well as training at the Berlin head office.