• Previous experience designing woodwork and solid surfaces
• Experience with structural steel elements, furniture design, wall panelling, retail design and industrial design
• Injection moulding design experience
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Location: London (inside M25), Wembley
CADagency is delighted to be working with an interior design and joinery manufacturing business based in Wembley. Our client mainly focus on projects such as student accommodation, residential kitchens, cabinets and fire doors. Due to on-going high demand, we are assisting them in recruiting for a SolidWorks Designer ideally with SWOOD experience.
You will be working with the Senior Designer and taking direction from the Lead Architect. You will be working from their factory office which has all their machining equipment such as CNC and brake press.
- 2-4 years SolidWorks experience
- Previous work experience with wood, plastic and MDF etc
- Previous work experience with furniture design
- Previous work experience with CNC machines (homag)
- 3-5 years experience in a joinery of shop fitting background with an emphasis in design for wood and Corian
- Detailed portfolio of projects using significant CNC wood and traditionally machined parts
You will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Drawing and revision control, excellent sketching and communication skills
- Ability to resolve creative and technical problems with internal and external clients
- Demonstrate the ability to design for core wood shop machinery and be able to design parts for 3 & 5 axis CNC machining.
- Self-motivated and able to work to proactively support the work of the group’s lead architect and Snr Technical Designer
- Work with a project from initial concept design through to fabrication
- Preparation of drawings compliant with manufacturing in SolidWorks
- Preparation of Bills Of Material
- Previous experience designing woodwork and solid surfaces
- Experience with structural steel elements, furniture design, wall panelling, retail design and industrial design
- Injection moulding design experience
08:00-17:00 or 09:00-18:00 with 20 days holiday.
There is on site parking and within 20 minutes of Harlesden Station.