CADagency is delighted to be working with a manufacturer of high quality thermoformed packaging. Our client designs, make tooling and manufacture packaging all under one roof. Due to on-going high demand there is a requirement for an additional SolidWorks Designer ideally from a manufacturing / tooling background to assist with designing plastic packaging and tooling for manufacture.
For this role, you will be supporting the manufacturing site by assisting in the design of concepts and the manufacture of precision tooling for thermoformed packaging components. You will be working with CNC machine tools based on HyperMill CAM software generated from SolidWorks 3D models
The work is interesting and varied with much of the work being of a bespoke design nature.
- Experience with packaging design
- Knowledge of CAD and CAM, e.g. modifying CAD drawings, importing CAD files into CAM software, in-depth CAM software knowledge to create tool paths for both 2-axis turning centres and 3/5-axis milling machines
- SolidWorks 3D modelling
- HyperMill CAM or similar experience
- Experience with CNC machining – Lathe, Miller and Machining Centre’s
- Experience operating conventional turning and milling machines
- Mechanical Engineering ONC or BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical Engineering City & Guilds, or BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently whilst contributing to a larger team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills