• Design Engineering
• Experience using SolidWorks in a manufacturing environment
- Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
- Location: North West, Keighley
CADagency is delighted to be working with a design and manufacture company based in Keighley, West Yorkshire. The company has brought to market an innovative consumer product that is well established in the UK market with significant growth opportunities overseas. Due to high demand they are looking to take on an additional SolidWorks Designer to work under the Senior Development Manager.
For this role you will be using SolidWorks on a daily basis to create and update models, drawings and assemblies. You will be required to have a strong design bias towards design for assembly and manufacture and previous experience in designing for sheet metal and CNC machining is desirable.
You will be working in a close-knit team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers and will be regularly communicating with suppliers, manufacturers, subcontractors and customers. There will be occasional travel within the UK so a full drivers licence is highly desirable.
Your daily tasks will include
- Create SolidWorks models and detail drawings
- Work closely with factory staff to ensure the products are designed for assembly
- Design state-of-the-art automated machines
- Build and assess prototypes
- Collate and upkeep BOMs
- Design to all relevant UK and International standards
- Create working documents, such as Works Instructions and User Manuals
- 20 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Extra day off for birthdays
- 1 month additional holiday after 10 years of employment
- Company life insurance scheme
- Company health insurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme