• Fully conversant with Solidworks specifically the sheet metal module
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
- Location: North West, Chadderton
Our client is a well established family run business with 65 members of staff. They are looking to take on a SolidWorks design engineer in their design team which currently comprises of 3 designers.
The job will involve working from customer drawings and samples but also interpreting customer ideas and preparing 3D models through to production drawings for manufacture including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes.
Working with and assisting the Managing Director in matters relating to product development, value engineering and real time solving of production problems.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, drawing and development of new products and maintenance of existing products. You will supervise and oversee your designs through the factory ensuring accuracy and quality.
You will be responsible for preparing bill of materials for the manufacture of your designs and assemblies including documenting all part numbers and drawing references. You will be expected to work in an efficient and timely manner keeping a close eye on costs.
Show good interpersonal skills as you will be liaising with shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production and demonstrate an ability to document production pitfalls in written documentation using Microsoft Word.
To be successful, you will have:
A demonstrable knowledge of SolidWorks 3D specifically the functionality of the sheet metal module.
Although not essential an Engineering HND would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerating and limits and fits.
- Demonstrable product development experience.
- Knowledge of modern machine tools and their capabilities.
- The ability to be proactive and use initiative.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to achieve and exceed deadlines.
- Evidence of multi tasking ability.
- Good inter-personal skills to work effectively with all individuals.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and deliver to completion.