• Design Engineering
• Working knowledge of 3D SolidWorks (specifically Weldments, sheet metal and drawings)
• Excellent technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication
• Experience designing products for public spaces (street furniture, playgrounds etc.)
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
- Location: North West, Stockport
CADagency is pleased to be working with a leading steel fabrications company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire. The company designs and manufactures street furniture and has two manufacturing plants in the North West. Their products range from seating, litter bins and planters to walkways, canopies and bespoke fabrications.
They are currently looking to recruit a SolidWorks Design Engineer to develop and communicate the technical and visual aspects of the companies products. You will be working with both the sales and marketing teams of internal and external departments including the UK’s largest building contractors and leading landscape architects.
You will ideally be familiar with specifying a range of steel and timber structures, inclusive of the most appropriate fixing and finishing methods. These specifications will be informed by initial customer enquiry and evolve through GA drawings and rendered visuals through to a full manufacturing pack with an accurate BOM.
- Working knowledge of 3D SolidWorks (specifically Weldments, sheet metal and drawings)
- Excellent technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication
- Demonstrative experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate equally well with customers and technical staff
- Self-motivation in personal and departmental development
- Official SolidWorks certifications as proof of software proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks custom properties and parametric linking
- Exposure to SolidWorks visualization for creating high-quality rendered images
- Experience designing products for public spaces (street furniture, playgrounds etc.)
- Background in steel fabrication