• Design Engineering
• Previous experience within the sheet metal design sector
• Able to produce Bills of Material
- Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
- Location: North West, Oldham
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist sheet metal fabricator based in Oldham. Our client benefits from on onsite manufacturing facilities including CNC, fabrication and punching machinery.
Due to recent expansion and company growth we are assisting them in recruiting for an experienced SolidWorks Design Engineer.
For this role you will be designing and developing for both new and existing products. This will involved liasing with clients to fully understand project briefs, communicating with members of the sales team as well as supervise and oversee the designs through the factory, ensuring accuracy and quality.
You will be responsible for preparing bills of materials for the manufacture of the designs and assemblies, including documenting of all part numbers and drawing references.
With onsite manufacturing and fabrication teams, a vital part of the role will be liaising with shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production. This will include creating reports for potential pitfalls within the production process.
Other tasks will include:
- Interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes
- Assisting Senior Management with matters relating to product development
- To identify opportunities to reduce costs in the design, materials used and manufacturing techniques
- To provide feedback for continuous improvement of products and services
For this role you will be expected to have previous experience within the sheet metal design sector and have a good understanding of the manufacturing process.
Excellent SolidWorks skills as well as interpersonal skills are required as you will be regularly liaising with other members of the design and manufacturing teams.
Experience with creating reports to outline production pitfalls would also be a distinct advantage as well as experience with creating bills of materials.