• AutoCAD 2D
• Experience using SolidWorks and sheet metal functions
• A Basic knowledge of electrical principals
• Capable of creating & maintain Bills of Material using SAGE software
- Salary: £22000 - £28000
- Location: North West, Leeds
CADagency is delighted to be working alongside a design and manufacturing business specialising in the LED Lighting sector. They supply to some of the largest names in the lighting sector both in UK and worldwide.
Due to on-going high demand, we are pleased to be working with them to recruit a SolidWorks Design Engineer. For this role you will be working to develop and engineer new bespoke products for customers as well as internal products to be sold at a later date. Finally, you will continuously improve on the existing product range.
You will be reporting to the Design Director, and on a daily basis you will be involved in tasks such as:
- Creation of new products to add to the large portfolio of lighting solutions
- Working with new and existing suppliers on the latest lighting technologies
- Problem solving and identifying market opportunities
- Improvement of existing products and processes
- Change management, PIPO of new products and components
- Testing and validation of product
- Component sourcing and cost cutting
- Reducing waste and working towards a Net Zero Business.
- New revenue streams such as the Circular Economy and product refurbishment strategies.
For this role, you will ideally have the following skills and experience
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D and sheet metal functions
- A Basic knowledge of electrical principals
- Ability to build prototypes using in-house 3D printing and laser cutting capabilities
- Capable of creating & maintain Bills of Material using SAGE software
- Create & maintain BIM families using Revit
- Ability to communicate at all levels, from the shop floor to board level.