• Interior Design
• AutoCAD 2D
• Technical CAD background (Design / Engineering)
• Project Management experience
- Salary: £29,000 - £34,000
- Location: London (inside M25), Finchley
Our client is the industry leader in bespoke fireplaces. They have been established over 30 years and boast an impressive range of modern and contemporary fireplaces. With a factory based in Holland they are able to provide complete and comprehensive services ranging from initial design consultations to final production and overseeing installation.
Based out of our clients design office in Finchley Central, North London, this is a busy and varied role that crosses the critical areas of this unique business: pushing the project through from concept to planning to execution and completion.
As a SketchUp CAD Designer, you will be highly organised from a technical background and be happy to work in a small business environment. On a daily basis, you will be working closely with clients and architects on existing architectural plans to create bespoke fireplaces based on individual requirements.
You should be looking for, and happy to have, responsibility. As a small business my client can offer great flexibility, a varied role and an opportunity to get involved in different areas and facets of the business. There will be a degree of travelling involved mainly around the UK but also abroad (to a lesser extent).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of the fireplace installation, including the planning, the execution and the completion
- Manage and work alongside the fitting engineers on site to ensure projects are completed and fulfilled smoothly
- Conduct detailed site surveys to link into the design, and the installation plan of new projects
- Produce CAD drawings of design overviews for the fabricators, architects, designers, customers and builders
- Liaise with builders, architects, designers and customers ensuring projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with the fabricators to ensure a successful manufacture and delivery
- Liaise with suppliers to order other parts needed for a project
- Working closely with in-house Project Manager to ensure a successful project management process
- Manage stock levels and the storage room
The working hours will be 08:30 – 17:30 (with flexibility for travel)