CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist in Silicone Rubber. Due to on-going high demand they are looking to take on a CAD Technician with an understanding of the silicone sector. For this role you will creating 2D CAD drawings for the waterjet cutter as well as DXF drawings to go to the tooling engineer. You will be working very closely with the sales team so excellent communication skills are essential.
For this role you will be reliable and understand the importance of customer interaction and calculating accurate, profitable quotes. You will need good maths skills.
- Prepare and send quotations to customers
- Provide after-sales support services and technical backup as required
- Detailed product knowledge, understanding of technical specifications
- Understand customer requirements and provide advice for potential solutions
- Create 2D and 3D CAD drawings for customers and tooling suppliers
- Assist Director, management team and colleagues as required
- Update internal pricelists and databases
- A maths or science qualification
- Willingness to learn – whilst a technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and desire to learn about and understand our products, comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given
- Excellent telephone manner – be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool
- Effective written and oral communication skills – to maintain sound relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook