• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience within the signage , construction or manufacturing sector
- Salary: £25,000 - £29,000
- Location: London (inside M25), Watford
CADagency is delighted to be working with a manufacturing company based in Watford. Our client specialises in bespoke signage for artwork, restaurants, retail and leisure businesses. Due to on-going high demand we are assisting them in recruiting for a CAD Technician to work from their offices as part of their existing design team.
For this role, you will be liaising with design team members, clients as well as manufacturing staff to ensure that all relevant information is available to manufacture the product effectively and in compliance with structural, cost and contractual obligations.
You will be working on AutoCAD and Flexisign. You will not be required to have previous experience within the signage sector although experience in the construction or manufacturing sector is required. You will be working on a project from concept, through analysis and design, to site completion. Excellent time management skills are required.
On a daily basis, you will carry out the following tasks
- Produce approval, fabrication and construction drawings to standard within a given programmed time
- To assist standardisation of manufactured products
- To support company research and development
- Accurate completion of Bills of materials for customer specific orders
- Liaise with Sales , Project and Manufacturing departments to ensure that exceptional client instructions, expectations and commercial matters are advised and understood
- Preparation and checking of preliminary designs for pricing and detailed technical designs for projects; calculations, drawings, specifications, risk assessments, design certificates etc.
- Keeping senior staff informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Undertaking structural engineering analysis and design. (basic calculations, if complex we will speak to a qualified structural engineer)