• 5 years + experience with SolidWorks in a manufacturing environment
• 3 years experience with sheet metal fabrication design
• 1 year experience with Weldments
• 2 years + experience with commercial vehicle design
- Salary: £35000 - £40000
- Location: North West, Crewe
CADagency is delighted to be working with one of Europe’s leading trailer and rigid bodywork manufacturers. The company design and manufacture over eight types of commercial vehicle products including Curtainsiders, Box Vans, Fixed Double Deck and Rigid Bodywork. They have a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with all processes from chassis fabrication to body assembly completed under one roof.
Due to ongoing high demand they are looking to take on an additional Design Engineer to join their Design Department.
For this role, you will have good experience in the fabrication sector and experience working with sheet metal and Weldments.
You will be responsible for managing new contracts from the agreed job description requirements, through the design stages to the point of issuing design drawings. Once the project reaches the production stage, you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build. For new product design and ongoing product improvement, you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of cross functional design teams in order to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assess and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Creation of bill of material records including standard and non-standard parts
- Purchasing materials and be involved in the procurement processes
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements
You will be expected to have a good communication skills and have the ability to liaise on technical issues with both internal and external customers. It is important that you project a professional image of the company at all times, carrying out all tasks within your level of skill and ability.