• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• Work experience in the retail design sector
• A background in health and beauty retail environments
- Salary: £30000 - £40000
- Location: Midlands, Leicester
CADagency is delighted to be working with a design and manufacture company specialising in retail product displays and point of sale units. With on site manufacturing facilities and expert design staff they are proud to work with some of the world’s biggest brands in the UK and globally.
Due to an increase in demand for their services, they are looking to take on a Senior Designer ideally with experience in the retain product sector. For this role, you will be working closely with clients to develop concepts, ideas and bring them to life. You will be a strong communicator and able to articulate your ideas, hand sketch them and affect your designs at pace with the in house prototype team. You will need to have a working knowledge of manufacturing methods, materials, fabrication, print, electrical specifications and assembly. You will be re-engineering complex designs for the simplest most cost efficient method of manufacture.
All your designs are to a budget and understanding costs is imperative. You will be able to advise on the most cost effective methods for each project, based on size, scope, volume and lead time.
A background in health and beauty retail environments is preferred but not essential. Experience with injection moulding is highly advantageous.
- Able to work on multiple projects at once – imperative that you are organized and methodical in your approach
- Ability to interpret client feedback and apply your technical skill to producing iterative solutions
- Expertise required to negotiate and guide the client in realising their initial vision within the practical constraints of the project
- Technical accuracy
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD/Draftsight
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign