• Product Design
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Advanced knowledge of MS Projects and SolidWorks
• Intermediate knowledge of USA/Europe consumer product compliance
- Salary: £30,000 - £37,500
- Location: North West, Northwich
CADagency is delighted to be working with a renowned consumer goods business with headquarters in Cheshire. Due to on-going product development they are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer with previous experience and qualifications in Mechanical Engineering. The company is looking to develop and manufacture existing and new product ranges.
For this role you will be working from concept through to manufacture. You will be expected to work through the full product design cycle including creating initial sketches, attending design briefs, creating actuare 3D SolidWorks models and liaising with factories.
Working as part of a small team you will be expected to have excellent time management skills and be willing to manage multiple product lines at a time and coordinate your activity and other key stakeholders. You will be expected to Project Manage yourself and other members of the Design process to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
You will ideally come from a technical and manufacture based environment and understand how to create technical drawings and solutions in accordance with quality performance standards and ensure project documents are complete, accurate and store appropriately.
The role will require travel to the Far East to ensure factories are working to expected standards. Experience and an understanding of injection molding tooling is also essential.
The following skills are Essential:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of MS Projects and SolidWorks
- Intermediate knowledge of USA/Europe consumer product compliance
- Intermediate knowledge of quality assurance
- Intermediate knowledge of the NPD process
- Intermediate knowledge of supply chain (cradle to grave) and all technical requirements
- Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Patents and IP
- Experience of design and developing new products
- Experience in design research within an FMCG environment
- Experience of overseas production and a willingness to travel to the Far East
- Experience of working with injection molding tooling
- Experience of engineering with small parts at high volume
- Previous exposure to product design