• Facade and Cladding
• AutoCAD 2D
• Five years design experience in an aluminium facades, roof lights and windows environment
• HNC, HND or degree in Construction or Engineering
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Reading
CADagency is delights to be working with a specialist Building Envelope Solutions company within the construction sector. They currently employ over 100 members of staff working in their two offices and across project sites. They specialise in design, installation and project management and ensures they deliver first-rate, tailored, roofing, cladding and glazing solutions for their clients. They already work with the construction industry’s leading main contractors and prestigious clients and their live projects include high-profile Crossrail contracts.
All the companies design work is undertaken in-house, therefore providing their clients with an integrated design and detailing service ensuring single source responsibility. You will be working for main contractors, project management companies, architects and direct clients.
You will be required to interpret architects’ requirements on the design, fabrication, installation of building facades, skylights and fenestration via drawings and other related information.
This will be done by ensuring compliance to manufacturer’s recommendations and company procedures as well as the clients and their representatives’ requirements and current legalisation. You will be responsible for monitoring that each project is to budget and in accordance with the QA manual.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Provide direction and support to the design team, monitoring design programme progress and reporting any potential issues to the Design Manager;
- Regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Contracts;
- Attendance at handover meetings to discuss the project, identify particular design areas needing attention and clarification of the scope of works;
- Liaising with clients to proactively deal with any discrepancies within project documentation/specification and arranging meetings as necessary;
- Chasing and requesting of outstanding information from clients;
- Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the customer is appropriately transmitted within the company;
- Production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage.
- Ensuring that drawings are within the cost budget of the estimate and that there are clearly defined methods of construction, setting out requirements and materials used;
- Providing technical calculations and where appropriate the commissioning of a structural engineer to produce supporting structural calculations in line with the Design Programme;
- Ensuring all calculations are produced to meet the manufacturers delivery dates as appropriate;
- Working within a company CDM design procedure.
- Liaising directly with the appropriate representatives to agree any variation between the customers specifications/drawings and the tender documents;
- Advising quantity surveyors of any potential variations to the contract;
- Submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval;
- Producing flashing schedules, procurement schedules, cutting and fixing lists in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures and to meet manufactures delivery dates;
- Reviewing procurements and flashing schedules for other members of the design team;
- Producing and maintaining the contract design file;
- Supervising and monitoring the issue of drawings and other design information by Graduate Design trainees and Assistant Designers ensuring adherence with the relevant processes and procedures;
- Keeping daily records of contracts worked on for monthly timesheets;
- Conducting site surveys of existing and new buildings.
- Organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples;
- Applying for manufacturers guarantees and warranties where necessary;
- Issuing of operation and maintenance manuals;
- Providing support to the (Senior) Design Manager and all members of the team.
You will have a degree, HND or equivalent, ideally in construction or engineering and have good experience as a façade designer/engineer for a main contractor or a specialist contractor, in a related sector of the industry, ie facades and/or glazing.
You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative. Membership to a professional body is desirable not essential.
You will be someone who takes ownership for their work and be able to represent the company’s interests in a tactically appropriate way. The successful candidate will have impeccable communication skills as this role will involve extensive communication internal and external customers.
- Matched personal pension contribution up to 6% following probation
- 32 days holiday including Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Membership of Health cash plan scheme (after probation)
- Optical care vouchers
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free parking!