• Product Design
• Prior experience in a design manager role
• Experience in drawing up Critical Path Analysis for new projects
• Experience setting and managing budgets<
• Some experience in working with Far East manufacturers
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Farnborough
Our client is a global player in the household and kitchen goods sector with a large and varied portfolio of brands. Their wares are sold by every large department store in Britain, as well as the rest of Europe and the US.
The client is looking for a Senior Design Manager to join their team in Farnborough. This is a senior role, but with an emphasis on hands-on involvement in the detailed process of new product design and development.
You will be responsible for the entire development process for new products and product lines. This includes managing designers, liaising with other design managers, establishing budgets, timelines, and accepting responsibility for projects from start to finish. In addition, you will report on progress to senior management, generate feedback documents, and liaise with other departments, such as Marketing, Engineering, and Sales.
- You will need to have prior experience in design and development, preferably from working at a consumer or houseware related manufacturer.
- Experience in working with different manufacturing materials, e.g. plastic, wood, steel, etc., plus a thorough understanding of the entire fabrication process.
- Experience in working closely with Far East manufacturing centres.
- Ability to thrive and work closely with designers and engineers in project teams, whilst being expected to get hands-on involved in the work.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing design manager who is ready for a challenging role which offers a large amount of responsibility, whilst at the same time still offers the chance to be deeply involved in the everyday work of bringing new products to market.