CADagency is delighted to be working with a leader in waterproofing and roofing systems, working closely with clients in various sectors including housing, education and commercial. They specialise in the end-to-end approach from initial consultations and design, right through to final installation, after sales care and maintenance.
Their is a current requirement for an additional Experienced CAD Technician to provide a customer focused service and support internal staff regarding the production of standard and bespoke technical CAD drawings in both 2D and 3D for use within technical specifications, new product launches and supporting literature. You will undertake technical cross referencing of project specific specifications to ensure continuity of drawings and proposed designs. You will be providing technical design support to clients, contractors and external staff regarding flat roofing design.
- To produce bespoke 2D section details in Auto CAD software regarding flat roof detailing situations for use within company specifications
- To produce bespoke 3D models in Sketch Up design software regarding flat roof detailing situations for use within company specifications
- Maintain the companies standard detail library, carry out amendments to existing designs and organising all information in a clear and efficient manner
- To support the proactive delivery of new product development programmes or existing system involvement
- To liaise with staff / contractors / clients regarding technical information or issues of products, resolving queries in a highly professional and timely manner
- To attend product training sessions at supply chain premises as necessary. Sharing knowledge with colleagues across the business where appropriate.
- Experience of using AutoCAD
- Experience of using BIM related software or Revit
- Construction design, co-ordination of building design on multiple projects
- Working to tight deadlines
- Experience of undertaking diagnosis of obstacles and barriers across teams and contract issues; and co-ordinating actions in response
- Experience of implementing and maintaining quality systems
- Experience of managing and administrating partnering contracts
- Relevant experience in a technical related environment or similar where service delivery is paramount
- Experience of working in the flat roofing industry with a knowledge of primary waterproofing systems
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Full understanding of roles and responsibilities of construction design
- Building regulations, knowledge of the regulatory framework
- Lightweight steel structures
- Timber structures
- Vertex software
Essential Car User This role requires the post holder to be an Essential Car User, hold a full UK driving licence or have access to a vehicle.
Evenings and weekends/ travel abroad Some attendance for evening and weekend working may be required
08:30 – 17:00 (with flexibility for busy periods