Our client is a leading roofing, cladding and glazing contractor for the commercial sector. They take care of the entire installation process, from design, through installation to ongoing maintenance and management.
Reporting directly to the Technical Department Manager, you will be one of the key users of 3D software along such as 3Dmax, Blender, Rhino 3D and Sketch-up Pro providing 3D modelling support to various projects. You will be given support and training to develop in this role to provide a high level of support to the Technical Manager.
The key tasks associated with this role are:
- Create & Manage models for 3D visualizations, animations, movies and stills;
- Produce 3D modelling using appropriate software such as Rhino, Google Sketch-up Pro and AutoCAD, 3ds Max, Blender, Adobe Creative Cloud etc for the use of team members or for those using the services of the Technical Department;
- Provide expertise when assisting the designers with particularly challenging 3D projects;
- Investigate the usage of the latest software and how it can be utilised within the team;
- Develop new ways of presenting output:
- Lease with regions on workflow, prioritise work and produce monthly reports
- Support marketing facilities in the manufacture of products product development along with 3D printing where required;
- Co-ordinate 3D model and stills between project information gathered from internal and external sources;
- Assist in the downloading and collation of drawings from various websites (e.g. A-site);
- Work within a company CDM design procedure;
- Provide mentoring and training on 3D software including updates to other members of design teams as needed;
- Keep daily timesheet records of contracts worked on for billing purposes;
- Liaise/collaborate with other departments and teams, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Site Managers etc;
- Provide support to the those utilising the services of the Technical department and all members of the team;
- Keep a record of models in line with the QA procedure
You will possess excellent IT skills, specifically: Rhino, sketch-up Pro, Revit, AutoCAD, 3D modelling. You will be keen and willing to learn and develop in a supportive environment where a strong emphasis is placed on development and training. Good business communication skills will be essential along with a professional manner.