CADagency is delighted to be working with a multidisciplinary firm of building consultants and surveyors. Specialising in Rights of Light and Daylight assessments for buildings, they have worked on a number of very high profile schemes throughout the UK including, Atlas Tower, Minoco Wharf, Merchant Square, Newfoundland and Heron Quays amongst many others.
There is currently a requirement for an experienced CAD Manager with previous 3D AutoCAD work experience. The role will require good attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a person with motivation and ingenuity who can work well under pressure. As the main liaison between the consultancy team and the technical CAD team the role will involve:
- Managing CAD team of between 6 and 8 people
- Organising CAD projects from Consultancy team to CAD team
- Undertaking CAD modelling tasks as and when required
- Ensuring timely CAD completion dates
- Liaising with consultancy team and CAD team to ensure any delays are managed correctly
- Liaising with Design team where necessary to request information
- Full understanding of CAD in 3D. Able to use AutoCAD to a good level
- Very good eye for detail
- Fast learner
- QA of all CAD work which passes through the office. This will require detailed study of CAD models to ensure accurate modelling
- Technical understanding of Daylight/Sunlight and Rights of Light results. Or an ability to pick this up quickly
- Ability to communicate well with CAD and consultancy team
- Able to work under pressure.
As the CAD Manager will be expected to liaise between CAD team, consultants and surveyors. You will have access to some Project Management software overseeing anywhere from 20-30 jobs live at any time. You will be managing the workload and making sure all the design work and instructions are going to the right places. You will need to have a good understanding of the 3D AutoCAD modelling in solids process and know how receptors and windows should be designed and processed. This is so you can review the output report and check it is all correct before going back to the surveyors for final reports.
What is on offer
- A great place to work: our client is successful and you will be working with other hardworking professionals
- A company that celebrate success and reward commitment
- A meritocratic approach to progression with continuous learning & development
- Regular appraisals focusing on performance and development