• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• Relevant design related qualification (HND or above)
• 3 years’ experience in the Interior Design or Visualisation sector
• Technical CAD background
- Salary: £26000 - £32000
- Location: South West, Gloucester
CADagency is delighted to be working with a design, manufacture and installation company based in Gloucester. Our client specialises in the commercial kitchen and food retail displays sector and are able to offer full turnkey solutions from concept to handover. Due to on-going high demand we are assisting them in recruiting for a Project CAD Designer to join their existing and growing design team. For this role, you will be working closely with clients, internal sales teams as well as project managers and fabrication staff.
Your role will see you taking client briefs and making creative design solutions for catering and interior projects. This will include
- Creation of 2D layouts, mood boards and visualisations for presentation to the client
- Creation of project drawing packs. To include when required – detailed elevations, construction/demolition layouts, flooring layouts, ceiling layouts, lighting layouts, decoration layouts, M&E and drainage layouts.
- Preparation of finishes schedules for interior projects including furniture.
Once the design has been approved and signed off, your role will also see you carrying out the following project related tasks
- Overseeing the specification of catering equipment, counters, furniture, fixtures and fittings and obtain competitive quotations from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with the administration team to ensure quotations are put together correctly and checked before issue.
- Liaise with customers to discuss design ideas and finishes when required.
- On an ad hoc basis, attend client meetings with Space Sales team and SIC contract managers to take the initial brief and offer catering design, interior design and furniture advice.
- Assist with the supply chain management for finishes, fixtures, fittings and furniture and help keep the design libraries up-to-date.
As this is a design related role you will also need to keep up-to-date with current design trends and continually research new ideas to keep driving innovation.
You will ideally have a relevant design related qualification (HND or above) and have at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant design role. A previous role within the Interior Design or Visualisation sector with a technical background would be ideal.