• Mechanical Engineering
• Previous experience or education in the mechanical design field
• Excellent SolidWorks skills
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
- Location: Midlands, Nottingham
CADagency is delighted to be working with a design and manufacture business located near Matlock. The business has been established over 40 years’ and specialises in battery-powered data logging, meter reading and pressure control products for the utilities sector. Their products and solutions use the latest technologies and innovation to facilitate efficient management of water and gas networks.
Due to on-going high demand, we are assisting them in recruiting for a Production SolidWorks Engineer. For this role, you will work produce technical documentation, including product assembly drawings, diagrams, mechanical design drawings and Bill of Materials. Additionally, you will be involved with the planning of product test strategies, design, and build of test equipment. This will be an office based roles and the working hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (1 hour for lunch).
On a daily basis, your role will see you carrying out the following tasks
- Producing technical documentation, including product assembly drawings, diagrams, mechanical design drawings and Bill of Materials and controlling that documentation in a document management system.
- To produce CAD drawings as required for various technical and production documents in an agreed format and timeframe.
- Guide specific products through the NPI process ensuring that key targets are met and issues are quickly and clearly fed back to the design team.
- Supporting and maintaining the Material Requirements Planning System (MRP) and Dynamics Business Central
- Planning of product test strategies and design and build of test equipment
- Formulating Production process controls and procedures.
- Providing technical support to other stakeholders both within and external to the business.
- Provision of engineering support by creating and maintaining technical documentation for internal and external use, supplemented by occasional, high level, manual technical tasks