CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist manufacturing company operating in the Retail Point of Sale sector. They design, manufacture and install bespoke point-of-purchase solutions throughout the UK and Europe.
Due to on-going high demand they are looking to take on an additional SolidWorks Designer to work as part of a very busy Project Management team to deliver design and drawings, client imagery and marketing media for a rapidly expanding and developing a range of products and systems within mainly the retail design business, but also in related industries.
You will be expected to have excellent SolidWorks skills and any experience is the POS or Retail sector is hugely advantageous. You will be reporting to the Design & Development Manager.
- To design and verify technical designs
- To prepare drawings in SolidWorks / CAD ready for manufacture
- To Produce detailed photorealistic renders
- Creation of working instructions for clients and fitters
- Creation and updating of brochures and marketing media
- To support the design and development of Prototypes
- To co ordinate the activities of drawing and drawing control
- To specify components for the purpose of procurement
- To liaise with senior members of the client development teams and there departments
- To ensure that the products developed are to achieve compliance with the design objectives
- Resolving manufacturing issues in the early stages of the product design and development
- Willing to work additional hours as and when required and occasionally work off site
- Assist with Project management as and when required
- A keen knowledge of the manufacturing materials such as wood, acrylics and metal in terms of stresses and limitations etc
- Experience in the use and full understanding of SolidWorks / CAD, including photorealistic rendering
- Relative and proven experience of developing products within the POS Industry
- Full and experienced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Driving Licence (UK) and own transport