• Product Design
• AutoCAD 2D
• Ability to use a Kongsberg XL Plotter
• Relevant experience in a similar fast moving time critical environment
- Salary: £35,000 - £0
- Location: North West, Leeds
Our client is a market leading business specialising in the creation, development and manufacture of packaging and incentive solutions to the food and retail markets. Due to continued growth and expansion this is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and successful business as a senior CAD designer. Reporting to the Head of Design the successful candidate will work within the Design Team providing CAD services to meet Client’s needs.
This is a fast-paced environment that requires excellent project management and communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritise and act on initiative. Working within the Design team the focus of this role is to provide CAD services to meet client’s specific needs on a project basis. This will include creating constructional packaging designs in 2D and 3D, supporting the internal Customer Services, Production, Operations and Business Development Groups. Other aspects of the role will encompass ordering dies, NPD work and producing samples and mock ups to a high standard. A range of software tools are utilised including ArtiosCAD and Adobe Acrobat plus MS Office.
- To produce drawings including dimensions, materials to be used and procedural steps for manufacturing
- To create and design new and innovative products
- Be confident in sample making and mock ups
- Liaise with Production, Operations, Customer Service and Business Development in order to achieve high quality products to specification
- Responsible for die board ordering and quoting for die board, working alongside the graphics and reproduction department
- Identify and implement new ideas that may improve the efficiency and profitability