• Architectural design office or within the construction industry
• Architectural detailing or technical design of structural or mechanical systems
- Salary: £28500 - £39500
- Location: London (inside M25), City Of London
CADagency is delighted to be working with specialist Architectural Design for Manufacture and Assembly client based in the City of London. There is a current requirement for an Architectural Designer with an interest in off-site construction and DfMA.
Our client is currently expanding their capacity to push the boundaries of off-site manufacturing in the construction industry through data-driven design. Their goal is to develop an industry leading reputation and to move the industry toward manufactured solutions.
For this role you will ideally will hold a Master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering. If you have considerable construction, manufacturing, or home building experience you will also be considered. You will be self-motivated and currently operating in a junior or intermediate position.
As an Architectural Designer, this role will involve you working on a variety of projects, working within a diverse team of Engineers, Architects, Product Designers, and Technicians to develop novel design solutions and advanced construction methods.
- Strong knowledge of architectural detailing or technical design of structural or mechanical systems
- Strong knowledge of constructions methods, processes, and codes or a strong knowledge of fabrication or manufacturing process and practices
- Attention to detail
- Key interest in technical design and details
- Experience developing or checking detailed drawing packages
- Experience developing outline and/or technical specifications considered and asset
- Parametric modelling
- A good understanding of the principles of BIM
- Data analysis and visualisation considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and mastery of the English language
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- Positive / Proactive / self-starting
- Experienced using design software, including at least one of the following: Revit, SolidWorks
- Experience using software any of the following considered an asset, Navisworks, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Tekla Structural Designer, Adobe Suite, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite, Programming Languages
Experience and Education Background
- Experience of 1 – 4 years working in either a design office or within the construction industry
- Masters in Architecture or Engineering (Structural, Mechanical) or Construction Engineer with design office experience
- Manufacturing Engineer with experience in the construction industry and with design office experience