• Mechanical Engineering
• AutoCAD 2D
• Understanding of bolted steel structures and their principle design
• Understanding of concrete structures / steelwork and reinforcement
• Understanding of both stainless steel fabricating and machining practices and associated limitations
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Colchester
CADagency is delighted to be working with an innovative movable swimming pool floor company based in Colchester. The company designs, manufactures and installs movable floors, the majority of the company’s projects are swimming pool and spa floors, each project is unique and bespoke.
Due to on-going high demand they are looking to recruit an additional Mechanical Designer to join the existing Design Team. For this role, You will be fully proficient Autodesk Inventor with a skill set in all stages from concept to technical stages. You will also ideally have experience with hydraulically or mechanically powered structures.
As the team is currently extremely busy with on-going projects you will be required to have the desired experience going into the role and have a proactive and self starter personality. For most of the time you will be working alone and having a manufacturing background as well as cost awareness is crucial. You will be working with stainless steel so an understanding of its properties and manufacturing processes as well as limitations is crucial.
- Autodesk Inventor skills (in particular sheet metal)
- AutoCAD skills
- Strong and confident communicator able to run their own projects and liaise directly with architects / main contractors and suppliers
- Ability to clearly demonstrate creative and problem-solving design skills, designing in ways that are considerate of the installer
- Understanding of bolted steel structures and their principle design
- Understanding of concrete structures / steelwork and reinforcement
- Willingness to travel to site and attend / conduct meetings (maybe outside UK)
- Surveying skills
- Understanding of both stainless steel fabricating and machining practices and associated limitations
- Able to work to tight deadlines and multitask
- Demonstrate H & S awareness and incorporate H&S standards into designs
- Cost aware approach
- Ability to produce accurate parts lists
- Good hand sketching skills
- Experience of SketchUp Pro, to be able to generate renders for sales purposes
- Understanding of laser cutting and folding processes
- Understanding of general building practices an advantage
- Understanding of sensing and controls and their proper application a distinct advantage
- Ability to visualise how a site should be setup and how an installation would best function.
For this role you will be working in an independent and challenging job within a small, informal team. In addition to a competitive salary the role includes Group Private Health care, Life Assurance, Employee Income Protection and Critical Illness (after successful completion of probation period).
You will play an important role within a healthy, innovative and globally orientated company in a high-end industry.
08:00 – 16:30