• Mechanical Engineering
• HND/HNC BTEC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Experience in working in an engineering technical environment
• Be qualified to operate a modern CAD system, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Salary: £28,000 - £38,000
- Location: Midlands, Birmingham
You will be reporting to the Engineering & Quality Manager and will be responsible for turning customers’ requirements into detail, to enable the order to be manufactured as well as liaise with clients and other members of staff..
To provide information to enable customers’ orders to be manufactured in the most efficient manner. Which will consist of:
- Material/heat treatment detail
- Detail drawings
- Production methods
- Details of tooling
- Inputting details into Company computer system
To work as an active team member working closely with Internal and External Sales Engineers to obtain information for component details.
Liaison with customers on drawing specification queries, drawing approval and concessions.
Drafting and detailing Engineering components from sketches, descriptions and customer samples.
Obtain and detail information for any subcontract processes.
Work within the scope of the Company Quality Systems.
- Must have a strong background in engineering ideally linked to power transmission products.
- Be qualified to operate a modern CAD system, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Capable of learning and adopting new skills and techniques.
- Understand the product range of our client.
39-Hours Per Week (Permanent)
08.00 – 16.30 Mon to Thurs
08.00 – 15.30 Fri
Lunch 12:30 to 13:00