• Mechanical Engineering
• BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 10 years’ experience on new product development of mechanical technologies
• 5 years + SolidWorks experience
- Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + Training & Benefits
- Location: South East (outside M25), Maldon
CADagency is delighted to be working alongside a global design, manufacturing and sales company within the life science sector. The product they create are found in laboratories and scientific settings around the world and they are widely regarding as a leading brand.
Due to on-going high demand for their services, we are assisting them in recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their offices in Maldon. You will be joining a small but dedicated design team and report to the Head of R&D.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be designing & developing ultra-low temperature mechanical systems to meet customer and business requirements under agile methodology of product development. On a daily basis, you will be creating and reviewing technical drawings of mechanical systems and parts for use either for prototypes and off tooling parts. You will need to provide specific documentation related to product design to meet regulatory compliance, ISO 9001 and organization requirements.
Other tasks will include
- Advocate on mechanical testing by making sure product and testing quality level is appropriate. Guide testing engineers on testing execution. Analyse testing results, understand product improvement opportunities and drive implementation of changes.
- Feed mechanical technology roadmap pipeline by targeting feasible and valuable technologies to the end user. Rely on different sources to research, analyse and invent high performance and differentiated mechanical systems.
- Assist on quality complains from the field by providing technical support, understanding root cause and discussing potential product risks.
- Provide support on manufacturing processes and methods to meet product requirements and quality.
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience on new product development of mechanical technologies.
- CAD experienced user, preferable on SolidWorks.
- Agile Project Methodology and Six Sigma Certifications are considered a plus.
- Have a solid technical background on mechanical engineering in the development of electromechanical complex mechanisms.
- Combine the ability to think and plan strategically with a hands-on approach to work and ensure delivery of the agreed targets.
- Experience working in formalized phase-gate product development process, using Design tools such as DFM, FMEA and ISO 9001 design controls.
- Project management and leadership skills are considered a plus to the role.