• Previous experience of plastic moulding design
• Understanding of tool construction and operation
• Sheet metal experience
- Salary: £35000 - £40000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Basingstoke
CADagency is delighted to be working with a design and manufacturing company specialising in mass produced communication equipment including pagers and base stations. Their products are widely used in many industries such as healthcare, education, public services and housing to name a few. Due to on-going high demand they are looking to take on an additional Mechanical Design Engineer with previous experience in the manufacturing sector. For this role you will be working mainly on plastic products and creating manufacturing drawings as well as documentation for manufacture.
You will be creating tooling, moulds and mechanical design drawings from product concept through to engineering. You will be required to produce sound mechanical designs and documentation sufficient to enable full manufacturing documentation to be produced from agreed concepts and specifications.
Central to the role will see you designing plastic mouldings, castings and other mechanical piece parts to meet the product requirements in the most cost-effective way.
Other task will include
- Provide production drawings for labels and cables as required.
- Advise Design Services staff associated with projects and produce concept prototypes when necessary.
- Liaise with other staff and attend engineering meetings related to the projects when required.
- Liaise and where required visit with 3rd party contractors and suppliers to authorise or confirm designs and production.
- Check engineering drawings produced by Design Services staff associated with projects.
- Action development and production change notes as required. Managing the Design database and archive
For this role, you will be required to have previous experience of plastic moulding design and understanding of tool construction and operation. You will ideally also have sheet metal and plastic fabrication techniques experience and he able to work quickly, accurately and efficiently.
Our client uses SolidWorks but will consider you with other software experience.
25 days holiday, pension, free parking facilities on site