• Design Engineering
• Production of engineering calculations, 3D modelling drawings and stress analysis
• A degree level in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Experience producing engineering drawings, calculations and simulated test reports
- Salary: £27,500 - £35,000
- Location: London (inside M25), Canary Wharf
Established in 1948, our client is the largest truly independent specialist Lifting Equipment provider in London and South East England. Our client is a well established, friendly, family run company that is seeking to employ a Lifting Equipment Design Engineer to run and develop the design and manufacture department.
The role will involve design and analysis of bespoke lifting equipment and fabrications to International design codes, utilising SolidWorks.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to Degree level in Mechanical or Structural Engineering and be familiar with spreadsheet calculations and production of engineering drawings, calculations and simulated test reports. Your duties will include the production of costings and BOM’S and shop floor patrol inspection and final quality assessment of the manufactured items and associated equipment.
An engineering background or experience would be advantageous and a current driving license is essential to this role as regular site visits may be necessary.
The role will Include:
- Bespoke design for manufacturing
- Complete BOM’s
- Client concept drawing analysis
- Production of engineering calculations, 3D modelling drawings and stress analysis
- Redesign of existing products
- Site visit and Inspection
To be considered for this role you should have:
- A degree level in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification in a relevant field
- Familiar with SolidWorks
- Experience producing engineering drawings, calculations and simulated test reports
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Bonus scheme
- Working hours are 09:00 – 17:00/17:30 5 days a week
- First year of employment 21 days holiday, which increase to 25 in the 3rd year