• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience with AutoCAD
• Experience with LSS
- Salary: £18000 - £20000
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist Remediation and Environmental consultancy.
Due to on going high tender demand they are looking to take on an additional Junior CAD Technician. This role will be primarily an office based role but for the right candidate with a keenness for progression an element of site work. A full drivers licence is required.
This role will see you doing the following daily tasks:
- Using AutoCAD to produce high-quality AutoCAD site drawings detailing remediation works
- Assisting with the tendering process for prospective sites, calculating cut-fill quantities, and generating cross sections to be presented to clients
- Modelling live sites in 3D from real-time survey data to calculate material volumes
- Creating a 3D Digital Terrain Model to be uploaded to site GPS equipment
- Creating and updating working drawings for use at all stages of the project, from tender, through the enabling/remediation works to final as-built surveys
- Maintaining organised and accurate records
- Surveying Site work
- Assist Site managers with surveying duties, quantifying stockpiles, levelling and ‘as built drawings’
Future Development opportunities can include:
- Site drone surveys and video editing
- Website design and updating of company social media profile
- Marketing Development
- Introduction of new technologies (GIS, On-site tablets)
- Soil sampling and environmental site investigation (training provided)
- Geo-environmental reporting
- Project design, budget management & responsibility for delivery
The work will include the three aspects of the business Remediation, Environmental and Demolition.
Remediation – The core business, taking brownfield/industrial often contaminated sites and clearing them for future redevelopment (residential/commercial use). Generally, about 3 sites running at once across the North West each lasting on average about 3 months. The in-house cad team has GPS survey equipment, drone and LLS software.
Environmental – Carry out site investigations as well as chemical sampling of soil, gas and groundwater. Can be 1 day site investigations or ongoing sampling on remediation projects. Requires CAD support for report drawings.
Demolition – Initial site clearance of existing buildings with all materials processed and reused where possible in the most effective way. From old pubs and derelict warehouses to large mills and schools.