• AutoCAD 2D
• Previous experience with a Joinery role preferred
• Previous experience working for a principal contractor advantageous
- Salary: £40000 - £45000
- Location: Midlands, Peterborough
CADagency is delighted to be working with a high-end bespoke joinery design, manufacture & fit-out company who specialise in the restaurant, hospitality & retail sectors. Due to on-going high demand we are assisting them in recruiting for a CAD Designer with previous experience in the bespoke joinery or similar sectors.
For this role, you will be responsible for taking high-end bespoke joinery design projects from concept to completion. You will work from initial briefs and concept drawings, right the way through to joinery manufacture drawings. You will collaborate with architects and award-winning designers and be required to understand their requirements of their initial designs and turn them into accurate and detailed technical drawings in 2D AutoCAD.
The drawings you produce are used at all stages of a project, and feasibility to creating the blueprints for manufacturing and instructions for site installation.
You will be joining our friendly joinery team working from our clients modern, light & airy office space.
On a daily basis, you will complete the following tasks
- Prepare detailed joinery packages for construction
- Create accurate technical drawings for production in accordance with client quality assurance
- Create detailed drawings for on-site installation
- Generate associated documentation by way of cutting lists & quantify materials requisitions
- Manage your own document control / filing of internal & external drawings
- Ensure accuracy of technical drawings & specifications
- Attend site visits and conduct site surveys when required
You will be required to have
- Detailed understanding and previous experience with AutoCAD are essential
- A good understanding of furniture production methods and materials
- Previous experience with a Joinery role preferred
- Previous experience working for a principal contractor advantageous