• AutoCAD 2D
- Experience in the joinery or bespoke furniture sector
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Newbury
CADagency is delighted to be working with a specialist bespoke furniture company who specialise in everything from initial design all the way through to installation. Our client creates high end, bespoke projects with some of the largest and renowned clients from all around the UK.
Due to on-going high demand, we are assisting them in recruiting a Joinery CAD Designer to work as part of their office-based design team in Newbury. For this role, you will be working directly within the project design team reporting to the head of design. You will take ownership for key projects and be working closely with all team member. Your time will be split between hands-on design work, producing drawings for manufacture and project management.
You will primarily be working with SolidWorks although previous experience using AutoCAD would be sufficient and training can be given. You will need previous experience in the joinery or bespoke furniture sector.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- On receipt of job information, work closely with the client to understand the brief and ensure clarity of requirements.
- Manage on-going communication with the client throughout, managing expectations and providing updated information to the workshop.
- Produce detailed drawings for client approval.
- Create and manage the project plan to meet client timelines and the constraints of the workshop.
- Liaise with a variety of sub-contractors to obtain competitive quotes for any external materials or work, compare quotes to ensure value for money and procure agreed items.
- Create Job Sheets for the workshop ensuring they meet the requirements of the client and workshop.