• Commercial Kitchens
• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• A basic understanding of creating & manipulating graphics and marketing
• Have a willingness to learn how to produce 3D and artistic impressions of design concepts
- Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
- Location: South East (outside M25), West Byfleet
Our client is an established school catering and construction business that works within commercial and food and beverage sectors all over the country.
As a Junior/Intermediate CAD Technician you will be responsible for providing technical drawings and information for the design team. Taking part in the co-ordination of internal design, you will need a good understanding of the design and delivery of the project. As AutoCAD Operator you will produce CAD drawings, scaling plans, design sketches, working drawings and will need to produce a schedule of working drawings. You may also accompany the Contracts Manager to meet clients and visit sites. Other duties as and when required.
You will have good interpersonal skills, liaising with external parties and colleagues to understand all aspects of the project. You will be aware of the building regulations related to the project. You must be a good team player, as you will be working with a variety of individuals. You will be degree educated or have the appropriate Technician qualifications. You will have a good understanding of AUTO CAD with good time management skills and be able to communicate design concepts.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:-
- Ability to produce accurate working drawing packages
- Fast, efficient, accurate, CAD draughting (AutoCAD)
- Have some experience in using Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Sketch up.
- A basic understanding of creating & manipulating graphics and marketing
- Have a willingness to learn how to produce 3D and artistic impressions of design concepts
- The ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a flexible & dynamic approach to individual projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role may require you to liaise with clients/contractors/consultants
- Site survey experience
- Work well under pressure within a fast paced, dynamic environment
GCSE / Scottish Standard Grade / BTEC or NVQ equivalent
Graduate with BA or BSc
Preferred areas of study
Interior Design, Architecture or Construction
Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft office software’s, team worker and good communication skills, Photoshop.
Salary £25,000 to £27,000 plus Benefits