Our client is the U.K.’s largest brickmaker with 19 brick factories and 15 component factories across the UK and annual sales of over £200 million. They are one of the construction industry’s most recognised and respected brands with a heritage of brickmaking stretching back over 300 years.
CADagency are delighted to be recruiting on their behalf for a CAD and Estimating Manager to manage a small CAD and Estimating team to ensure we provide a first class estimating and drawing service to our internal and external customers. This is a ‘hands on’ role and will involve working with our customers and internal stakeholders, including internal and external sales, the design and technical team and our production and operations teams. The job is based at Ibstock in Leicestershire but there will be the need for occasional travel in the UK.
- Manage a small team of CAD Designers and Estimators.
- Responsibility for some estimating/measurement.
- Prioritise and manage workload.
- Setting and reporting the teams KPI’s and quality standards.
- Create and develop the CAD & Estimating team’s processes.
- Work with our internal stakeholders including sales, design / technical and operations.
- Appraise, set objectives, and manage the team’s personal development and training.
- Attending and presenting at meetings with internal and external customers when required.
- Minimum HNC, preferably good construction related degree.
- At least three years Estimating / Quantity Surveying experience working with internal and external customers.
- Experience of managing customer relationships.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Professional and proactive.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent with common Microsoft Office programmes such as Excel.
- An understanding of AutoCAD but no essential.
- Full clean driving licence.