• Construction & manufacturing estimating experience
• Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Salary: Highly Competitive / DOE
- Location: North West, Stockport
CADagency is pleased to be working with a leading steel fabrications company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire. The company designs and manufactures street furniture and has two manufacturing plants in the North West. Their products range from seating, litter bins and planters to walkways, canopies and bespoke fabrications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join their existing team and reporting to the Operations Director.
For this role you will ideally have previous experience in construction manufacturing, with a sound understanding of steel fabrication, timber machining and general assembly. You will be familiar with and have experience in estimating a range of steel and timber structures, inclusive of the most appropriate fixing and finishing methods. Both a technical and commercial focus are
- Review and evaluate valued customer enquiries.
- Priority scheduling of enquiries to meet sales department expectations.
- Support the sales team to ensure the timely flow of estimates is maintained
- Understand the scope of work to enable company to bid competitively
- Prepare estimates in detail for all projects.
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare cost analysis for each project
- Maintain existing working relationships with our supply chain and subcontractors.
- Adapt to a group working environment, liaising with the specialist steel fabrication unit
- Evidence of clear experience in construction & manufacturing estimating
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Extremely competent with technical drawings and interface details
- Strong understanding of the construction supply chain processes
- Excellent proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills