CADagency is delighted to be working with a speciality chemicals company based just outside of Derby. Their products and technologies are seen in everything from transportation to fuels and pharmaceutical products. They pride themselves on offering excellent career progression opportunities along with an excellent, friendly work environment for a true market leader in their sector.
My client is looking to recruit an Engineering Project Manager to work as part of the facilities management team.
For this role as an Engineering Project Manager you will project manage; from initial concept to fully delivered projects, that support and / or maintain the operational effectiveness of the clients site. You will resolve identified business needs within agreed timescales, budgets and quality standards, to ensure a suitable working environment for employees and support the activities of the site. As well as provide engineering support within a specialised technical field to develop, maintain and improve the operational efficiency of the site.
Key Accountabilities for Engineering Project Manager
- Develop and maintain long term plans, which consider future business needs, employee numbers, site facilities and infrastructure requirements.
- Project manage aspects of the long-term plans and / or specific projects as identified in site strategic plan.
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Develop and maintain documentation and work plans; monitoring results and adjusting work plans to ensure success and achievement of outcome.
- Understand the financial requirements of projects; preparing budgets, forecasting, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions to manage costs.
- Recommends and implements changes that contribute to an increase in the operational reliability and performance of services, assets and processes.
- Identify, monitor and manage End of Life strategies for Key plant and equipment to maintain site business continuity.
- Build relationships to develop long term partnerships with external providers, project sponsors, business leaders and site management.
- Work closely with Managers and project sponsors across site to develop and manage project initiation through to successful delivery and handover.
- To carry out all duties and projects to meet health and safety requirements, comply with legislation and company procedures to ensure safety of all.
To be successful as Engineering Project Manager
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Hold a minimum 5 years’ experience of working in an engineering role.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Legislation that applies to building regulations and construction design management.
- Have experience of working with financial processes – budgeting, costing and tenders, cost management and project reporting.
- Possess good project management skills.
- Demonstrate that you have experience of managing multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships.
- Good IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, MS Project)