The Engineering Documentation Manager is responsible for managing the engineering documentation relating to our clients Engineering Projects (with the assistance of one other engineer/draughtsman). Principally this involves the creation and management of 2D and 3D CAD drawings but will also include the compilation of equipment handbooks, writing of user operational and maintenance instructions and any other documentation required to support our project work. The Engineering Documentation Manager is accountable to the Sales and Design Team Manager.
The main duties of the Engineering Documentation Manager are:
- The production of AV systems diagrams
- The production of 2D and 3D room layouts
- The production of 2D and 3D rack layouts
- The design and production of custom metal work drawings (bracketry etc)
- Compilation of User manuals
- Writing User instructions (with assistance from others)
- Writing User maintenance manuals (with assistance from others)
- Producing block diagram concept drawings and layouts for client pitches and tenders
- Maintenance of the Companies drawing filing systems
- Maintenance of Company generic drawing templates
- Ensuring that our Company drawing software systems are kept up to date
- 2D and 3D AutoCAD skills
- AV and/or Broadcast systems knowledge
- Communication skills – ability to deal politely and efficiently with staff members and customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
The position will be based in our clients office so the candidates will need to be a sensible commuting distance to St Albans i.e. no more than 45 minutes commuting distance. Normal working hours are 8:00 to 18:00 with an hour for lunch. 20 days annual leave rising to 25 days after 5 years (1 extra day per year).