Our client is an internationally recognised brand, supplying FM broadcasting equipment worldwide, from large New York based radio stations to community radio stations in the Sudan. Their companies ethos is to be creative, innovative and produce ground breaking products that influence the industry.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Electronics CAD Engineer to join our clients R&D team. You will be involved in bringing new products to market, utilising your experience of product design.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to understand and solve problems and get stuck in on a variety of exciting projects. You should have a proven track record of managing design projects to ensure they are delivered on time. You will need to produce drawings, so experience using Solidworks and Altium is essential.
You should have good computer skills and be conversant in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Sage is an advantage.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor Degree in Electronics and have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in PCB layout as well as knowledge of PCB manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of RF design is ideal.
- Experience of new product introduction.
- Knowledge of modern electronic assembly processes, requirements, and standards.
- Knowledge of simulation tools and software is also essential.
- You will have experience in sheet metal and machined metal design and manufacturing, as well as knowledge of safety design rules for electric / electronic products.
- An understanding of engineering practices (design re-usability, DFM, DFT).
- 3D rendering and visualisation for conceptual and marketing.
- Live within a reasonable commute of our Croydon based office (45 minutes max)
- A competitive salary with regular reviews.
- A company pension scheme with 4% contributions.
- Profit sharing.
- Health insurance, which includes a subsidised gym membership.
- Perkbox subscription which includes a free Tastecard, free monthly coffee, discounts on the high street and much more!
- 5 weeks holidays + your birthday off.
- Staff events throughout the year – some near, some far (last year, they went to Amsterdam for the weekend).
- Early days on Fridays – the office closes at 3 pm!